What are the advantages and disadvantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
Lithium iron phosphate battery refers to a lithium ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode material. The positive electrode materials of lithium-ion batteries mainly include lithium cobaltate, lithium manganate, lithium nickelate, ternary materials, lithium iron phosphate, etc. Among them, lithium cobalt oxide is the positive electrode material used in most lithium-ion batteries.
Disadvantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
- The tap density of the positive electrode of lithium iron phosphate battery is small
- The electrical conductivity is poor, the diffusion rate of lithium ions is slow, and the actual specific capacity is low when charging and discharging at a high rate.
- The low temperature performance of lithium iron phosphate battery is poor.
- The life of a single lithium iron phosphate battery is long, about 2,500 times, but the life of a lithium iron phosphate battery pack is short, generally about 500 times
Advantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
- The lithium iron phosphate battery has a long life, and the cycle life is more than 2500 times. Under the same conditions, lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used for 7 to 8 years.
- It is safe to use. The lithium iron phosphate battery has undergone strict safety tests and will not explode even in a traffic accident.
- Fast charging. Using a dedicated charger, 1.5C charging for 40 minutes can fully charge the battery.
- The lithium iron phosphate battery is resistant to high temperature, and the hot air value of the lithium iron phosphate battery can reach 350 to 500 degrees Celsius.
- The lithium iron phosphate battery has a large capacity.
- Lithium iron phosphate battery has no memory effect.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries are environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-polluting, with wide sources of raw materials and cheap prices.
Application field of lithium iron phosphate battery
Large electric vehicles: buses, electric vehicles, tourist attractions and hybrid vehicles, etc.;
Light electric vehicles: AGV industrial robots, warehouse PSB picking trolleys, electric bicycles, golf carts, small flat-bed battery vehicles, forklifts, cleaning vehicles, electric wheelchairs, etc.;
Electric tools: electric drills, chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.;
Remote control cars, boats, airplanes and other toys;
Energy storage equipment for solar and wind power generation;
UPS and emergency lights, warning lights and miner's lamps (the best security);
Replace the 3V primary lithium battery and the 9V nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery in the camera (the size is exactly the same);
Small medical equipment and portable instruments, etc.
Also read:Lithium Battery Manufacturers